The answer: Absolutely.
Obama is already pushing his agenda forward (excuse the term ‘forward’ as it is really backward). Note that he is pursuing an agenda that is far different than the one he campaigned on, and we know about it ONLY AFTER the election:
- Reid wants to end the historically important filibuster rights in a way that really shuts it all down. He wants to limit “amendments to bills.” That means Republicans will likely be shut out from adding anything to a bill. Reid can say only five amendments. He controls WHICH FIVE AMENDMENTS ARE FIRST. He puts just five on it that he likes. He then claims that everyone had a chance to submit an amendment, and he chose the five best. Remember – he is a pathological liar. He falsely claimed Romney did not pay taxes for ten years. He did it from the Senate floor so Romney could not sue him.
- Gun control via TREATY. This is insane. READ IT HERE. If you ever want to own an AK47, but it now. Likely if you ever want to own a handgun, you better buy it now. These rights will be cut when he gets just ONE MORE NOMINEE on the Supreme Court. We cannot stop a nominee now. It takes only a majority vote of the Senate Judiciary Committee to move the nominee to the floor. It then takes only 50 votes to pass a nominee – NOT 51. Get that: Not a “majority” of the senators, rather only 50. Many don’t know that. Then one senator can “filibuster” the nominee – however – Harry Reid is already making sure that cannot be done. In the prior entry above, he is limiting the filibuster rules. Read about process to nominate and confirm a SCOTUS justice HERE.
- Making Puerto Rico a state. This is a huge thing for the Dems in control. The want to add two more Democrat senators. Now, there is no guarantee the senators will be Democrats, but most of the governors and others from Puerto Rico are Democrats. The Republican Governor Luis Fortuno was just defeated, and he was pro-statehood. The Democrat is now elected, Alejandro Garcia Padilla. He favors the status quo in its relationship with the United States. Obama wants this. The Dems will get two senators likely APPOINTED BY THE DEMOCRAT GOVERNOR at first, so he would love to have 102 Senators with an even greater majority for the Democrats in the Senate. It will only add one House member (I think – based on population). READ THIS. FYI, the process stated in the US Constitution is not spelled out well. Merely “congress must approve” is the approximate quote.
- Coal Agenda – This will devastate the coal industry. A death blow is coming. Read it HERE.
- Carbon Taxes to “pay down the deficit” that he created. Read it HERE.
- The Debt Limit going to a hair under 19 trillion. Read it HERE.
- We just cannot trust our own John Boehner. Read it HERE.
BOTTOM LINE: These next six months are going to be critical in the fight. This is when he is going to pretend to have a mandate, and we must stop him at all political costs.
That’s why we stay in the fight. Now is when the bad stuff is going down!